Saturday, April 18, 2009


On Monday of my break we had a skid steer delivered. It's like a small bulldozer. It took a while to get good at digging and leveling, but I did pretty well. It was a little scary because it was easy to tip, but we never rolled it over.

Autumn and the girls came on Wednesday. Elsa is working on giving up her morning nap, so she was fragile. Charlotte and Ramona loved the Horse Tales videos I bought for them. I had never seen them before, but when they turned up on the sale shelf at Von's I thought what the heck. They are awful! But the girls were thrilled.




We girls, all six of us, went to the mall. While Autumn and I hung out with the little girls, Caitlin shopped for a new swimsuit. She found a really cute one and it didn't break the bank.


Gayle and Rene came on Saturday. We took Alex to Mom Can Cook, a local Thai place, for his 20th birthday. It's a little place so our group of 10 filled the center. The food and service were great as usual.

Gayle cooked Easter brunch. Yum, yum. Monkey bread and egg/hash brown pie.

After brunch we all (except my mom) went to the Gentle Barn. It is a rescue for farm animals. We pet horses, cows, and pigs. There were chickens and lamas, an emu, goats, and even a regular old farm dog. It was great fun. After that we went to the Big Oaks Lodge for lunch and a beer.

My mom was getting over being sick so she missed out on most activities. We hired Comfort Keepers to stay with her. They get double on Easter! Since mom was sick all week my ideal break didn't quite happen. I was hoping she would go to daycare so I could have time off from taking care of her. Oh well, she's better now and I did have a wonderful time, especially on the weekend.

No comments: