Saturday, October 1, 2011

What my dog ate and how much I care

Menchi ate the old hardcover version of Star Surgeon by Alan Nourse.  It was originally from an Orange County library.  Either Gary as a child never returned it or he bought it from them at a book sale.

How much do I care from 1-10, 10 being care deeply:

2

Menchi only ate the cover of the hardcover version of Moon Mutiny by Lester Del Rey.  This came from Villa Park High School.  Again whether it was never returned or bought from the school, I don't know.

How much do I care:

2

He also took my paperback copy of Eating an Artichoke: A Mother's Perspective on Asperger Syndrome by Echo Spring.  He didn't damage it at all.

How much would I have cared if he ate it:

7

We have learned over the years that old hardcovers are his favorite.  All early editions are on a top shelf in the closet where he can't get them.  We are a house of books though and he is bound to eat them from time to time.

No comments: