Monday, June 30, 2008

writing prompt #1

Who is this woman that sits beside my bed? She rests calmly without moving day and night. Is she a fertility goddess as I’ve joked before?

Her rough pink surface makes me think of sandstone walls. Her rough pink surface attracts and holds the dust that floats by. I’m attracted to her too. I caress her, imagine sitting in her cupped lap that makes me think of a cupped hand ready to receive and cherish. She is stone, but not cold. She invites touch with her firm curves.

Why do I keep her? I don’t really think of her as a goddess - fertility or otherwise. I don’t believe in such things. She’s dusty and takes up space. She has to be protected against breaking. She certainly doesn’t fit into our admittedly eclectic décor. I’m attracted to her. She invites touch. She receives and cherishes.

No comments: