Tuesday, January 31, 2012

height and weight

On January 25th 2012 I measured G with a special measuring tape.  He was 15.2 HH and 881 lbs.  Now the height is probably within an inch, but measuring weight with a tape is not very precise.  Still, I can keep track of increases and decreases and it gives me a ballpark.

I measured Danny on the 28th.  It was much more difficult because the white tape was very scary to him.  One of the girls at the ranch helped me calm him down enough to do his height.  Unfortunately I was holding him and she did the measuring, so I can only take her word for it.  Danny also came out at 15.2 HH.  I could swear he's shorter than G.  Maybe it's just because he's stockier.  I couldn't do his weight because there was no way he would have that tape around his girth.  If I had more time to work with him, I'd get him used to it but he's not mine.

G looks like he's put on a little weight.  I'll measure him again next month.

No comments: