Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day

Today is New Year's Day and Sunday, so a horsey day.  I'm happy to report that Friday's bath hasn't worn off.  G is still soft and looks better.  I bought him a few things.

G rolling after our ride

Getting up - he looks awkward


Mane and tail conditioner $12
Triple Crown Senior feed 50lb bag $23

The conditioner is as much for G as it is for Danny.  When I rode Danny on Saturday his tail was so tangled and caked with mud that I couldn't brush it out. 

The feed is just for G.  Hopefully it will help him put on some weight.  The directions suggest 6 pounds a day divided into two feedings.  Well, I decided to start with 3 pounds every time I see him, which will be three times a week.  I weighed it with a kitchen scale, but when I gave it to him it seemed like so much.  In the end I only gave him 2/3 of what I planned.  I want to re-weigh the feed to be sure.

Becky was there today, and we made a date to ride trail on Wednesday.  I'm very excited to finally have someone to show me the trails.  I've tried a few forays on my own, but none have been satisfactory.

No comments: