Sunday, November 13, 2011

A little boring

So, day whatever.  G is just a little boring.  Before I give up on him, I'm going to try a few things.  First, I put a note on the tack room wall asking for a trail buddy.  I'm not going to go off on the trails alone until I've done it with someone more experienced.  Next, I think I'm going to contact Michelle about a lesson.  She can help me know how much to push G.  Also she can teach me to lunge him.  I tried a little in the arena and I just annoyed G.  I need more direction.

I rode him in the arena and he just didn't seem as willing or as responsive as the last time.  Then I rode him around the ranch.  He started tripping and lowering his head, kind of limping.  I got off and after a few moments he seemed to be walking fine.  I just don't know.  When I cleaned his feet I picked a very small rock from his "toe", the front of his hoof near the white line.  Maybe his feet hurt, maybe not.  Maybe I'm just seeing trouble where there is none.

I need to figure it out.  "It" being what I want to do with the horsey situation.  I'm thinking about leasing Danny during the winter break.  The cost is much higher than leasing G.  Twice as much plus more vet bills.  It would be a full lease though, so I could ride Saturday and Sunday as well as any other day I wanted.  The problem is, how many days a week can I ride during school.  If I can't ride at least 4 times a week, would I be doing him a disservice?

I've thought about buying him and moving him to the closer stable, but then who would I ride with?  I really haven't met enough people there yet.

No comments: