Thursday, November 17, 2011

Short ride

Wednesday before parent conferences means a lot of classroom time and not a lot of horse time.  I groomed him and saddled up for a short ride in the arena.  The sun was below the hills, but there was plenty of light.  We walked two, turned and walked two more.  Then we did some circles, halts, and backing.  We trotted one in each direction and a couple times he broke his gait, back to a walk.  He picked it up again when I pushed him though.

I have a lesson set up for Friday on him.  It isn't that I need the lesson as much as I want to know how much to push him.  I don't want to do too much too fast, but I think I'm doing too little.

Michelle is going to email my info to the boarders in hopes of finding a trail partner.  If things don't pick up, I think I'll only do one more month there.  It's a nice place, but too quiet and the trails are a mystery to me at this point.  If I owned and I knew the trails, it would be a nice place to board.  At this point I think I'd be happier doing two lessons a week at Don E Brooks instead.

No comments: