Sunday, November 27, 2011

jumping in

My teeth hurt.  For many years I wished my teeth were less, shall we say bucky (that was Dr.P's phrase).  Then in my late teens to my early 30s I figured I would live with it.  I was attractive enough, it was silly vanity to want to do anything about my teeth.  Besides, I would look a lot worse with braces, right?

So now in my mid 40s I've decided if I want something I should seriously consider it.  Just waiting, rather than deciding means missing opportunity.  Or it may mean wishing for something that if I thought about it I'd realize I don't want.

So I decided to do something about my teeth.  It wasn't a quick decision.  I actually had to wait for months before I could set up the medical savings account.  It's very expensive.  Now I wonder what was I thinking.  It hurts, it's annoying, and it will hurt and be annoying for most of a year.  38 weeks - ok, 36 since I've already done 2.  It's almost as long as a pregnancy!

Maybe (ok not maybe) the horse thing is the same.  I've been working towards having a horse.  I'm having second thoughts about leasing G.  The stable is close, but it's so lonely.  I want to ride with my friends.

2 comments:

Kenyo said...

Oh the teeth! Oh the humanity! My teeth were straight and rotten. The ones I still have have been a pain to keep. Now I have to get an implant to keep the neighbor teeth in place. Mother says nobody in the family ever had their teeth at my age!

Kenyo said...

Good luck with the braces. You are so brave.